Don't tell my husband, but there's still a bad boy in my cyber house! I'm so pleased to have Sascha here again. His stories are smoking HOT! Thanks for being here today Sascha. So how do I drink like a writer?
The first three 1Night Stand books mark the end of an era for me. Around the time I finished Menage Bound, it had been a tough year in writing, what with all the numerous changes going on in publishing, the economy, TacoGate, an attempt at tempting fate and more. Oh and I was still here to piss off the world…
I figured the best thing I as the bad boy of romance could do was write. And drink. And write some more. And of course light up a cigar and drink. More.
This is as you would expect, typical of such a man with a title as Bad Boy. I thought today's list could go toward top five drinks I consider staples for writers.
1. The Manhattan. – Aficionado and fellow writer Ryan Macklin and I drink these I'd say religiously. The marrying of fine blended scotch with Dolin vermouth and a splash of bitters dates back to the gubernatorial election of Samuel J. Tilden in 1874.
2. Old Fashioned – What writer doesn't like a drink with character? This one's got it. Whiskey, sugar, muddled fruit. Healthy AND delicious! Yvette, of Occidental Cigar Club fame, makes one of the finest old fashions I've ever had.
3. Wine – Red, white, it's all good. Of course, Jason and Chase from Menage Bound drink their share of wine, but they tend more toward my next writer drink
4. Scotch – Neat. Single malt. What else can I say? Start with Balvenie Doublewood and go from there. Hell, I even coaxed writer Honoraria Ravena to drink the stuff and now she's hooked.
5. Champagne – Yes I know it's wine. But it's wine of the GODS! And what better to celebrate all those contracts you'll acquire, or mourn all those rejections than a healthy dose of champagne.
Yes, the last three don't quite qualify as drinks in the same sense, but I never did clarify, did I? Besides, this gives us room to drink like Jason and Chase, or to look a little into the life of Devon, from The Playground and see how the other side lives.